Friday, December 10, 2010

Feel Good Friday: Betty White Inspiration

This post has nothing to do with food, working out or losing weight. I do have some in the works though that I will be posting soon!


 Last night, the roomie (Miss Lucy Sims) and I curled up on the couch with our glass(es) of wine and leopard snuggie and watched Barbara Walter's Oprah interview and The 10 Most Fascinating People of 2010.  What riveting television! :)

Through the two hours of intriguing celebrity interviews, Betty White stood out to me the most.  Now I am biased because I absolutely adore her and I love the Golden Girls. Can you believe she is 88 1/2 years old and still going strong?  How amazing is that!?


Thank you for being friend.

Side Note: As a little girl, I had to secretly watch The Golden Girls. My parents forbade me to watch the show because of the many sexual inuendos coming from Blanche Devereaux.  These sexual references went right over my head, and I still thought it was entertaining!

Sophia: By far one of the best characters.

In Betty's interview, Babs asked if she had a philosophy about life.  She responded, "Well I hate to be square, but I try to get the most out of what I'm living now.  My beloved mother and father always said 'I never want to hear you say oh that was so wonderful. I didn't appreciate it at the time.' Realize right now when it's special as it's happening."

When I heard her wonderful, yet simple philosphy, I started thinking about my life and those "I didn't appreciate it at the time" moments.  I realized that I quite often have these moments!  So often I catch myself saying, "Once I do this, things will get better..." or "If I can just get out of Montgomery, things will be better."  I also often look back at my days at Auburn and wish I would have realized how wonderful it was there. I wish I would have soaked in so much more than I did. 

I carry my purse like Sophia.

To learn from that, I've got to focus on the NOW. Right now, at 23, my life is not perfect.  I am at a beginner level in my job and still sometimes do the duties of an intern, yet I am working for a great company, learning a new industry and am so blessed to even have a job. I am still in Montgomery, though I said I would be long gone from this town after college. However, God has put me close to my family and with new friends that have truly blessed my life. I don't make as much money as I would like, but I still live comfortably and usually don't go without.

There is SO much to enjoy in my life at this time. This is probably the most care-free time of my life, and a time to take opportunities and truly enjoy what God has given me-the good AND the bad. 

My challenge to myself and to you is to enjoy the NOW, despite if this is a low time in your life or the happiest you have ever been.  The low times are when we look to God, dig deep and learn what we are truly made of. It will only make you stronger. In the highs, we realize how God truly blesses us, and we must remember to be thankful for them. 

Happy Friday to everyone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment