Friday, November 5, 2010

The Boyfriend Layer Bounce Back

With a weekend of food and fun with my man friend, I must admit that the healthiest thing I consumed the entire weekend was a banana smushed between peanut butter, honey and two pieces of bread (it was at least wheat bread!). In one day, I consumed a Chick-Fil-A chicken biscuits and hash rounds, fried wings, hot wings, beer, potato salad and a late night breakfast of biscuits, grits and sausage links.  My only excuse is that it was a great football watching day, and it was Halloween. Yes, when I do it bad, I go all out. 


Side Note: I did deny a paid offer for a McDonald's McFlurry while in McDonald's.  I opted for fat-free yogurt from California Yogurt Kraze.  That's got to count for something!

After he left Tuesday morning, I was exhausted and bloated.  I knew my lack of exercise and healthy eating was the cause my non-existent energy level.  My initial thoughts brought me back to the place where I've been so many times: experiencing defeat and disappointment. 


That Tuesday afternoon after work, it took all I had to get myself up to the gym.  As I dressed, I could feel the tightness of my tank top around my stomach..or as I like to refer to it at times, my "food baby." I kept looking at my bed thinking about the sleep I needed.  Despite my longing for the coziness of a down comforter and a mattress that feels like heaven, something in my head kept thinking about how I would feel AFTER my work out.  I knew from experience that after a work out that I have much more energy and feel better about myself.  The "after" thought pushed me to the gym.

With my mega indulgences this past weekend, I noticed my self control could not fully recover as the week went on.  I allowed myself to sneak leftover Halloween candy throughout the day and munch around on snacks.  However, slowly but surely, I am regaining my self control, cut back on indulgences and have been working out hard. 

Even though I complained about tighter tanks and a low energy level, I must admit that my indulges with my man friend were totally worth it.  It is NO fun when you are constantly fretting about what you are putting in your body or counting calories --especially for him.  Now, I'm looking ahead and concentrating on eating healthy and working out. Maybe the next time we spend a weekend together, I'll have a little more self control. :)



We had a good time as Charlie & Maverick (Top Gun) for Halloween!
 Does anybody else know what I'm going through with the boyfriend layer?

No comments:

Post a Comment