Wednesday, January 19, 2011

New Obsession

Life has been a whirlwind the past three weeks.  Since New Year's, I've been home maybe a total of 10 days.  But I'm not complaining! In the past three weeks, I went to the Social Mess NYE party in Atlanta (so much fun!) then to Glendale, AZ to watch the Auburn Tigers become NATIONAL CHAMPS and attended my first NBA basketball game with seats right behind the bench. I sure have started off 2011 right!
NYE
Auburn wins the National Championship!! WDE!
First NBA game

So with my  recent come-and-go lifestyle, I didn't do a lot of grocery shopping.  This meant I had to get creative with what I had in the apartment, which then lead to my repeated use (and new obsession) with Earthgrains' Whole Wheat Thin Buns.  These babies are 100% whole grain and only 100 calories.  In my effort to eat in as much as possible, these came in handy for my lunch and snack, and sometimes breakfast and dinner!

Here are some ideas of how I've used my new obsession!

My pre-workout snack: 2 Tbsp of Better'n Peanut Butter, Honey & Half Banana cut into pieces on Whole Wheat Thin Bun

Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner: Egg Sandwich (3 egg whites scrambled, no salt added diced tomatoes from the can, spinach, 1 Tbsp. of hummus, a few dashes of Texas Pete and pepper on Whole Wheat Thin Bun)
Dinner: Veggie Egg Scramble with Grilled Cheese (Whole Wheat Thin Bun & 1 slice of Swiss cheese) and Hummus Dip (Hummus + Texas Pete+ Paprika = Delicious Hummus Dip!) PS-I know this is not the best picture, but I assure you, it was good!

Lunch/Dinner: Veggie Burger with Sliced Tomatoes, Spinach, 2% Swiss Cheese & 1 Tbsp. of Hummus on Whole Wheat Thin Bun
What must have item do you keep in your pantry or refrigerator?

No comments:

Post a Comment