Thursday, February 10, 2011

S-O-U-P

OK, so just to ease everyone's worry...I'm still here.  I wish I had a good excuse of why I haven't been blogging, but I don't.

I have to tell you about my discovery...making soup.  Such an easy task, yes, but to me, it was something new and exciting! For some reason, I've always been a little intimidated with cooking soup.  But one night I grew some courage, searched the pantry and freezer for some random ingredients and threw it together..literally.

Here's my attempt at what started out as vegetable soup...then it turned into whatever else I wanted to add :)

I first gather anything I could find in the freezer and pantry...

Ingredients: Low sodium chicken broth, cannelini beans, canned no salt added spinach, canned no salt added diced tomatoes, frozen brussel sprouts and frozen broccoli

Can't forget the spices...it's amazing what flavors you can get without increasing the sodium!

All the ingredients & spices dumped into a pot
(This was too easy)

Can't cook without some wine!

And the final product! S-O-U-P
Everything is better with cheese! Sprinkle a little Parmesan cheese on top to seal the deal.
So you've now seen my step-by-step adventure of cooking soup.  Pretty easy, but I'm proud!

Does anybody else have any easy-to-make soup recipes that you would like to share?


No comments:

Post a Comment