Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fatuary

Fat February, or Fatuary as it has now been coined, has been a month filled with delicious, fattening food.  February includes the Super Bowl, Valentine’s Day,  and most importantly, my birthday month.  Those events are my excuses for what I’m about to tell you . Remember, these are Confessions of a WANNABE Skinny Girl, so unfortunately this post will disregard any healthy eating.  (Hey, you gotta splurge some times!)

Let’s first start with the cookie pie. Holy Toledo this thing is good. I got this recipe from Mary Robb after it received rave reviews from a certain boy I know.

First, you get a graham cracker crust from the store…OR you can be Suzie Homemaker and make your own crust…whichever you prefer.

Then you take cookie dough from the package… OR you over achievers out there can make your own cookie dough..and mush it into the graham cracker crust until it is spread out evenly.


After those hard acts of labor, simply bake for 1 hour at 325 degrees and TADA!

To make it extra good (and fattening) add vanilla icecream and chocolate sauce. Yummo!


So the cookie pie officially kicked it off. My conclusion through Fatuary is that if it’s in the house or I'm around it, I WILL eat it! Here are a few more sinful foods that I have indulged in with Fatuary…

Give me ooey gooey brownies. 
Embarrassingly enough, my roomie and I consumed these within 24 hours. WHOAH.
There were more sweets in there (soft sugar cookies with icing, chocolates for Valentine's Day, an entire roll of *raw* chocolate chip cookie dough), but I digress....

Then came the Super Bowl. And what do I love most while watching one of the most televised sporting events of the year?  That's right...wings with loads of ranch dressing, chips & a 7-layer dip, and a Sweet Water Blue. 


And finally, Fatuary will come to a close with a chocolate peanut butter bang. My day of birth takes place on the 22nd day of February (a glorious day to which George Washington was also born), and I will be indulging myself in the best cake in the land: Peggy McKinney’s chocolate peanut butter fudge cake. This cake is pure heaven.I have no self control when this chocolately goodness is put in front of my face. Not to exaggerate even more, but if I had to choose a last meal, this cake would undoubtedly be part of it. 


After giving you the low down on Fatuary, you are probably thinking I have completely fallen off the wagon with food and exercise.  I'm excited to report that despite my indulgences, I have maintained the same weight from when Body Reboot ended and kept the inches off around my waist.  

Like you have heard, and will continue to hear, it's all about balance.  If I indulge in too many sweets or find myself going out to eat too often, I pull the reigns back and concentrate on eating at home and eating my veggies, fruits and proteins. And we can't forget the exercise...if I've had a good or bad eating day, I still try to consistently make it to the gym. I don't let a bad day get me down anymore! 

The advice I leave you with is allow for indulgences, but keep pushing yourself to stay active and exercise.  Getting to the gym is more than half the battle. 

What is your favorite work out right now?

No comments:

Post a Comment