Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fear of Food

Over the past two weeks, I have held a tight reign on what I have put into my body. I planned almost all of my meals ahead of time by cooking, and I knew what healthy options were available when I was unable to eat at home.  I was prepared. And I've seen a difference in myself beacuse of it! But what about those unexpected nights when you just don't have time to cook or you go somewhere that doesn't have any healthy options!? {Insert Kevin McAlister scream: AHHHHHHH!}

I have been in turmoil over the past day about my upcoming meals.  Tonight (Thursday), I always have my LIFE group where we always eat dinner together and then do our study.  I usually make it a priority to go home before and eat a protein rich snack so I will not be as hungry and eat less of the casserole that is offered.  (I'm sorry, but I just think it is just poor etiquette  not to eat something that is offered to you..especially when someone has spent their time and effort making it and giving it to you for free!) Pardon the rant...However instead of our normal casserole tonight, I found out we are ordering PIZZA. (Insert another Kevin McAlister scream). 

Like I've said in a previous post, pizza is my favorite food and the hardest thing for me to control with the amount I eat.  I can eat four pieces in one sitting like it is nothing. I know I am going to be super hungry when I arrive for dinner at LIFE group, especially when the pizza stares me in the face with all of its cheesey glory. Oh and did I mention I'm not going to be able to go home beforehand to get my protein rich snack? (I should have thought ahead and packed snacks!) What's a girl to do!?


I've also been fearing my trip to El Rey's this Friday night. It will be a great time with friends, but not a great time with food and beverages. Not only does El Ray's have some of the best food in Montgomery, but they also have the best margaritas! I'm just thinking about it....all of those chips, the cheese dip, guacamole..ALL OF THAT SALT! I'm getting bloated just thinking about it.

I can eat chips like they are going out of style, and I can drink their margaritas like water.  They go down so darn smooth!  I will sit there and talk and unknowingly shove 20 chips in my mouth (taking sips of a marg in between) and then look down only to notice that I have eaten more than half the basket.   Let's just say I usually have no self control when sat in front of chips and margaritas. 

Because I've done so well and seen progress in my first two weeks, I fear falling off the wagon and gaining back what little weight I have lost.  I  have not had to face much temptation yet when it comes to food, and I have felt "safe" in my kitchen with all of my healthy food and recipes. However, I'm 23 years old.  A girl's got to have fun and must enjoy some foods..just with more control. My hope is to enjoy one piece of pizza tonight and just a few chips with guacamole and "skinny" margarita tomorrow night.

I'll make sure to report back, and I promise I'll be honest. :) What are your temptations!?

3 comments:

  1. Margaritas, chips and guacamole are truly the yummiest three things I can think of.... good luck with the temptations of the basket... and does the skinny margarita taste at all like the standard? I would LOVE to know...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great with balancing fun & health! That's what it's all about...balance. I have made a great margarita with stevia or splenda before and it's deliciuos!! Just tequila, fresh lime, splenda or stevia...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heather that sounds so good! I think that is basically what I had at El Rey!

    LD-read the next post about the "scratch" margarita! But in your question about a lower cal version of a margarita, it actually tasted almost the same!

    ReplyDelete