Friday, October 22, 2010

A Little Indulgence Never Hurts

Let me reiterate again how much I love pizza, chips and margaritas.  It has been a while since my last post, and I know everyone who is reading this has been on the edge of their seat waiting to hear how I held up to temptation. J   Let me ease your suspense…
PIZZA NIGHT
The dreaded pizza night came first.  After feverishly running around to get a workout in, I did all the cardio and weights I could in a 45 minute time span and zipped to LIFE group.  I knew post work out was the best time to eat “bad” food since my metabolism would be up.  As soon as I entered the house, I knew the pizza was there.  I wondered into the kitchen to see a large pepperoni and cheese pizza and cheesy bread! All I kept thinking was “come to mama.” 
I picked up my plate, charged forward and looked at the many small and large pieces of pepperoni pizza in front of me.   I shut the voice of the junk food lover out and listened to my get healthy voice.  I picked the smallest piece I could find and took one piece of cheesy bread.  I devoured the piece of pizza, but only allowed myself to eat half of the cheesy bread…boy was it cheesy!  We then started the study, and I knew I had survived the temptation.  Whew! One test of the will-power down, one to go!
CHIPS & MARGS
The following day, I was almost guilt free from eating pizza the night before, but I knew that night was even a harder test of will power.  I ate a little lighter than normal as I prepared for my El Rey’s meal.  All of the girls I was supposed to go with bailed out, and I went with a male friend who of course could eat anything and not gain weight (no help from him with staying strong!).  We ordered chips and the trio (guacamole, salsa and cheese dip).  It was then time to order some adult beverages-margaritas! I politely asked for the “skinny” margarita, only to be shut down and told from the waitress that she had no idea what I was talking about. After discussing with her what I was looking for, I was told that I was thinking of a “scatch” margarita which consists of only tequila, lime juice and salt (optional).   Since I wanted chips and guacamole, I went with the scratch to save a few hundred calories!
The “scratch” actually wasn’t too bad, and I could not taste THAT much difference compared to the real thing.  While sipping my scratches (yes, scratches), I did not hold back on the chips and guac. Like the Pringles saying goes….once you pop, the fun don’t stop. In other words, there was not a lot of restraint on my part in chip eating.  However, I was very proud to say that I only had one dip of the cheese dip.  J That counts for something, right!?  I continued on to eat veggie quesadillas and chopped sweet potatoes.  I still walked away feeling bloated, but didn’t feel as guilty as I normally would have. 
THE RESULTS
Despite my indulgences in “bad” food over the weekend, I (for the most part) ate well the rest of the weekend and got some form of exercise in on Friday and Sunday.  Come Monday morning, I wasn’t feeling too bad about myself, and my side view check was not nearly as bad as I thought. (My side view check is merely turning to the side in the mirror to see if my stomach is completely bloated that morning).   That night, I had a Body Reboot meeting.  I was none too thrilled knowing I was going to be weighed and given my fat percentage the Monday after a bad weekend.  I kept thinking, “Why couldn’t I do this on Friday?” I knew I was going to be discouraged. 
Monday night I stepped on the scales, not even wanting to know my results.  The results all but shocked me…. (check in for the next post about my results from weighing)

No comments:

Post a Comment