Tuesday, October 12, 2010

What's For Dinner? 30 Minutes Style

After a weekend of fun, little sleep and unhealthy eating, Monday was the day to get my bum back in gear! Still sluggish and struggling from the weekend, I forced myself to go to Turbo Kick to burn off all those extra calories.  Within an hour of kicks, punches and jumps, my Mary spirit was back! It was time to hit the grocery store and hit it hard.

I stocked up on all my healthy food options for snacks and for dinner.  I resisted the sweets section.  The idea is true for me...if it's not in the house, I won't eat it!  By the time I got home from the grocery store, it was a little past 7:30, and I was hungry!
Here is the meal:
The presentation wasn't great, but it sure was delicious!
Baked salmon|Sauteed Veggies over Quinoa with Blue Cheese Crumbles and Drizzled with Light Asian Sesame Vinaigrette

The 30 Minute Recipe:
1. Baked Salmon (from Winn Dixie)
*Ingredients for Marinade: Lemon Juice (1/4 cup), Worcestershire Sauce (about 6 dashes), Spicy Mustard (2 tbsp.) and Lemon Pepper (4 dashes) 
-Line casserole dish w/ aluminum foil and place salmon on foil
-Combine all ingredients into small bowl and pour over salmon
-Wrap foil over salmon
-Bake in oven on 350 for 20 min. (or longer if you like yours more done!)
2. Sauteed Veggies
-Need one large cooking pot (I use a wok) to heat over stove
-Pour EVOO or Canola Oil (I use this because it is cheaper & has the same health benefits as EVOO) in bowl
-Combine fresh or frozen broccoli, spinach, & sliced squash (and any other vegetable you want!) in pot
-Let veggies heat about 5 min., moving them around, and add a few dashes of Lemon Pepper (I use this with everything!)
3. Quinoa
-Boil 11/4 cup of water
-Pour in 1 cup Quinoa in boiling water
-Reduce heat and cover for about 10 min.
*To add some flavor to the veggies over quinoa, I add reduced sodium blue cheese crumbles and drizzle about 2 tbsp. of Light Asian Sesame Vinaigrette (This is a staple for me. I use it with everything!)

I started cooking at about 7:40 and literally sat down to eat at 8:10. It is so easy!

Please let me know if you try this and how it turns out.  I would love to hear feedback, good or bad! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment