Saturday, October 9, 2010

Late Night Decisions

I have eagerly awaited this weekend.  I'm getting a free trip to the beach thanks for my friend's brother getting married! I knew it was going to be a fun weekend of parties celebrating with friends.  However, this past week, I've wondered how my healthy living habits would stand up to temptation.  I have done so well! Could I wreck my progess over the past two weeks?!

I left immediately after work to head to the beach. I had been in such a rush to get on the road that I had not even thought about dinner. I thought I was being good by bringing some snacks, but after a couple scoops of my new favorite Cinnamon Swirl Peanut Butter and chomping on non-salted almonds, I knew I needed a meal. I have been on such a regimented schedule of eating, and my body was telling me that I needed food ASAP.

In hopes of staying healthy, I bypassed all my fast food options and bought me a Kashi frozen meal when I got to the beach.  It was quick and easy, and for the most part, healthy.  I proceeded to the party where the open bar called my name.  Yet again, in the mind set to stay healthy, I resisted beer and had two vodka sodas with lime.  It was very good and very refreshing! But with such a light meal, I was feeling it after only two!

Then my group of friends advanced to someone's house.  It's after 11:00 PM at this point.  You know wise decisions will not be made after this time.I enjoyed a few brewskies despite the thought of extra calories and the possible beer belly I would have in the morning.  My appetite was revved up at this point.  They had a variety of snack (junk) food all around the kitchen.  Obviously from my link, you know I have a love and weakness for junk food. The cheeze-its would not stop staring at me!

Finally, I broke down and portioned out what I thought would be a cup of cheeze its. (If I was going to eat junk food, I might as well try to stick to portion sizes!) And wow, they tasted so delicious! The salt hit my tongue and I thought how much I had missed this taste. (It sounds like a drug!)

We proceeded to enjoy ourselves, and another smell permeated throughout the house.  A frozen pizza was cooking in the oven, ready to be devoured.  If you don't know this, pizza is my absolute favorite food. What little will power I had left at that point could not stand up to the smell and cheesey goodness that was in front of me.  So at too late of an hour, I indulged myself in a piece of pizza. 

I woke up this morning mad at myself for my decisions last night. I had been doing so well and I ruined it!  But then I have to think, you're not perfect and this is not going to be a perfect process. Like everything in life, there will be hiccups and mistakes.  This was my hiccup! Today is a new day and my healthy eating is back on track...for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment