Monday, October 25, 2010

Seeing Results...Without Being Perfect

I have probably been a little obcessive of my eating and exercise routine the past couple of weeks.  I started to see results and feel better, and I did not want to lose my momentum.  Therefore, I strove for perfection in my eating as well as consistently working out..and working hard while there.  However, as you've noticed, I  had a few slips and indulgences.  But like Heather told me, I'm 23! I'm having fun! (Sometimes I forget how old..uhh..young I am).  As I've been reminded multiple times, it's about balance.  But back to my results...

I stepped on the scales on Monday and walked away, not wanting to know the results.  Heather e-mailed them to me the next day.  Boy was I in shock!

9/27/2010
149.2 lbs
29.9% bf
52.2%  h2o
99.2 lbm

10/4/2010
150 lbs
31.2% bf
51.2% h2o
98.0 lbm

10/18/2010
148.8 lbs --> Lost 1.2 lbs.
27.3% bf --> 3.9% bf lost
54.2% h2o --> Increased h2o by 3%
102.6 lbm --> Gained 4.6 lbm

Yes, I am very excited about my progress!  I hope people don't take this at me tooting my own horn (which I kind of am), but I want to prove a point.  This may be more of me talking to myself more than anything, but there is still something to prove.  Despite my eating a piece of pizza late at night, eating another piece the following week, eating chips and drinking margaritas, I started fresh the next day and continued to exercise. Recovering from a bad day or night of eating has been my biggest downfall in years' past. I let myself down and I let my mistakes keep getting me down.  After multiple letdowns, I would continue on my bad eating streak and lose interest in working out as hard or even at all.

Just like everything in life, I am  a work in progress, and I can't expect all of my habits and routines to change instantly. I am motivated by my results, but feel a sense of relief that I can still enjoy some food (and indulge!) and still see results. My goal in this three month process is now not only seeing results in my body, but also in my drive to keep going, even when I fail and don't stand up to temptation.  I must keep going!

No comments:

Post a Comment