Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Nitty Gritty

Ok let's get down to the nitty gritty....that is my actual weight and measurments. EEEEK!


I told you (and myself) that I was going to be honest for this blog. So here it goes.....

Week 1:
149.2 lbs
29.9 %bf
52.2 %h2o
99.2 lbm

My initial reaction focused mainly on my 29.9% body fat.  Really, I am made up of 30% fat?!!? Well I immediately rushed to find out if I was considered overweight and soon found out that I was in the "normal" range.  My weight was actually not as bad as I thought it was going to be and I was pretty impressed that I was almost 100 pounds of muscle. 

I kept looking at the chart of what was "normal" and analyzed where I was in that range. I noticed that I was closer to the overweight side than the underweight side, and I did not like that..at all.

I knew the time had come where I was going to have to step it up and gain back some will-power and motivation.  If I wanted to continue to be normal or average, I could stay content with my mediocre eating habits and exercise routine, but I am paying for this program and now held accountable for my actions, so I might as well give it 100%.

I know this all sounds cliche with my reaction, but I get super excited about something in the beginning, but like anything else, it fades quickly when the going gets tough.

I arrived at my apartment that night, still thinking about my weight and excited about what my body could possibly look like in three months.  With that thought in mind, I then thought that I needed a "before" shot so I could look back and think "you look so much better now than you did then!"

Thanks to my dear roommate, Lucy, she captured in all my glory w/ my bathing suit on in our living room.  And no, I will not be posting that picture! I've debated on whether to get it printed and hang it on my refrigerator to remind myself of my goals.  That hasn't happened yet-mainly because  I don't wantcompany to see my pastey self in a bathing suit when they walk into our kitchen.  But I'll keep you posted on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment